Employment at RBCU
RBCU provides equal employment to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
RBCU embraces the philosophy that diversity is valuing difference, all differences, all people, and all behaviors consistent with our credit union values. It encompasses those human characteristics, experiences and views that make us unique as individuals and contribute to a positive culture, high performing credit union. Our goal is to achieve an environment at RBCU that helps to attract and retain the best talent from a very broad, diverse array of cultures and backgrounds.
Mortgage Loan Processor
This position is responsible for the processing of real estate mortgage loan products which includes but not limited to, first mortgages, second mortgages and home equity lines of credit for internal and secondary market mortgages. Initiate and prepare all compliance documentation as required by RESPA and/or underwriting guidelines. Responsible for ordering, tracking and filing of appraisals, credit reports, title commitments, flood checks and all other miscellaneous documentation as direct by the loan officer. Work directly with the loan officer and member(s) to ensure accurate and timely underwriting loan approval.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (a summary of general responsibilities, but not limited to):
- Represents the Credit Union in a courteous and professional manner, providing prompt, efficient and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Support and work closely with loan officer to ensure a timely and positive mortgage experience for our members.
- General loan processing duties such as preparation, review, and timely delivery of all loan disclosures to members in accordance with all governmental and investor requirements.
- Order and review all necessary AUS, appraisal and title documentation, as well as all required underwriting and qualifying documentation.
- Order VOE, HOI, PMI, appraisals, Title work, HOA questionnaires, 4506T, credit supplements and loan payoffs.
- Submit complete loan files for underwriting review. Review closing documents and maintain the scheduling and tracking of closing dates, contingency dates and loan lock expirations.
- Work with internal and external underwriting and lending partners to guide the mortgage loan from application submission to the closing table.
- Prepare and send preliminary GFE, TIL and servicing disclosure to member(s) within three days of application as required by RESPA.
- Prepare, monitor and update 1008 underwriting transmittal and 1003 uniform loan application as required by loan product type.
- Order, track and insure timely receipt of appraisals, title commitments, credit reports and flood certifications.
- Prepare and send out FACTA disclosures.
- Prepare and send out denial and/or cancellation notices.
- 3-5 years of recent experience in a loan processing, underwriting or closing role in the residential mortgage industry.
- Familiar with Conventional, FHA and VA lending products as well as basic underwriting guidelines and requirements.
- Must have adequate knowledge of the new TRID lending guidelines and have disclosed loans under TRID.
- Experience using Fannie Mae’s Desktop Underwriter and Freddie Mac’s Loan Prospector.
- Familiar with loan origination systems such as Calyx/Point and Encompass.
- Experience and attention to detail in reviewing appraisal, title reports, underwriting conditions.
- An ability to review and decipher income and asset documents.
- Mortgage Broker or Credit Union experience preferred.
RBCU offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes: Medical, Dental, Life, STD, LTD, PTO, 401(k)/Retirement Plan and Paid holidays.
To apply, please click on the link below:
RBCU does not accept unsolicited resumes.
RBCU is an EOE/Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities.