Employment at RBCU
equal employment to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
or any other legally protected status.
RBCU embraces the philosophy that diversity is valuing difference, all differences, all people, and all behaviors consistent with our credit union values. It encompasses those human characteristics, experiences and views that make us unique as individuals and contribute to a positive culture, high performing credit union. Our goal is to achieve an environment at RBCU that helps to attract and retain the best talent from a very broad, diverse array of cultures and backgrounds.
Currently Open Positions
Vice President of Information Technology
(Lyndale Avenue Branch): Posting # 14-11
This position will report to the President at our Lyndale location
The VP of Information Technology is responsible for the technical and regulatory operations including organizing, planning, directing and controlling the Credit Union’s entire electronic infrastructure, systems, network security, computer operation, e-commerce, and vendor relationships. The VP of Information Technology is also responsible for providing leadership, direction, support and guidance to the information technology staff. The position will also act as a member of the credit union’s senior management team to ensure the effective application of technology towards addressing strategic and tactical business initiatives and opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (a summary of general responsibilities, but not limited to)
Provides member and staff support as described on RBCU’s Mission Statement.
- Leads the design, development, and implementation of programs/policies/strategies tailored to meet organizational goals pertaining to the Credit Union information systems.
- Participates in the development of the credit union strategic plan. Develops long and short-term strategies/direction for the Credit Union’s information system functions. Executes established goals and ensures that information technology services support and complement Credit Union strategies and goals.
- Ensures effective performance, cost-effectiveness, and service delivery of all information systems.
- Determine when it is cost effective and efficient to outsource technology services, research industry experts and negotiate cost-effective contracts with appropriate vendors.
- Monitor industry activities in financial services, information technology, telecommunications, and other related fields for trends and emerging technologies that can be deployed for competitive advantage.
- Provides leadership, assistance, direction, and supervision to personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, communication, coaching, and recognition; conducts staff meetings as required.
- Ensures that personnel are well trained, effective, and optimally used; identifies training needs and develops and implements appropriate training programs; conducts training sessions and cross-trains as appropriate.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, applicable laws, statutes and regulations.
- Develop, update, monitor and continuously ensure compliance with the disaster recovery plans, computer security and loss prevention plans, antivirus and firewall protections, etc.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure that member and organizational data is secure.
- Manage cross functional initiatives by applying appropriate resources, supporting project teams, and monitoring and communicating the status and issues to management.
- Bachelors Degree with a technology focus. Advanced degree preferred.
- 8 years or more of experience in Information Systems with 3 years in management.
- Credit Union experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle Database, LaserPro, and DNA experience are desirable.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires a broad range of knowledge in core data processing for financial institutions, infrastructure, software, system integration, communications systems, web technologies, information security and backup and recovery systems to manage the entire spectrum of information technology operations.
- Ability to understand business needs and interpret them into system requirement definitions. Ability to develop, track, implement appropriate security, audit and regulatory controls.
- Requires a high level of analytical skill to assess and evaluate the operation of subordinate areas of responsibility, participate in establishing credit union wide financial goals, analyze new products and draft operational reports.
- Proficiently operate a computer. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows operating system.
- Ability to read, writes, and speaks English. Bi-lingual skills helpful.
RBCU offers an excellent benefits package that includes; Medical, Dental, Life, STD, LTD, 401(k)/Retirement plan, and PTO. Please reference the job posting #14-11 when applying.
RBCU is an affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Part-Time MSR 1
(77th Street Branch): Posting # 14-13
This position will report to the Branch Manager at our Richfield location.
Part-time hours are:
Monday - Friday 2:30 pm – 6:15 pm
Saturdays 8:45 am – 12:15 pm
RBCU is seeking a PT Member Service Representative 1. This position provides basic MSR service by performing routine member transactions including deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfers, check cashing. The ideal candidate will also respond to various member requests by providing routine information on Credit Union services or policies, including eligibility for membership. Candidates should possess excellent customer service skills and previous credit union or banking experience preferred but not required. Cash handling experience a plus.
Qualified candidates should apply to this posting by sending their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the job posting #14-13 when applying.
RBCU is an affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
* RBCU does not accept unsolicited resumes.
RBCU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.